NSF42 and NSF53 Certified Carbon Filter Cartridges. Our 10 Inch and 20 Inch Carbon Filter Cartridges for Big Blue Whole House Water Filter Systems are highly effective at reducing unwanted bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor from potable drinking water, as well as other contaminants.
- Premium high capacity bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction*
- Enhanced dirt-holding capacity*
- High flow rate with low pressure drop
- High dirt holding capacity
- For use in big blue and big white whole house systems.
- Reduces chlorine, chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, bad taste and odours, dirt, slime, sediment, rust,
Activated carbon block filters are made of a blend of fine activated carbon, water, and a suitable binder that is mixed and molded and hardened or extruded to a cartridge filter of any size and shape. Sometimes specialized media are added along with activated carbon to provide customized performances for specific contaminants.
The binder is particularly designed and chosen to hold the carbon and other media in a fixed solid matrix, yet, not to plug up the pores of the activated carbon. Even though the binder does occlude a portion of the adsorption sites, the finer mesh size gives activated carbon block filters faster adsorption kinetics and generally two to four times greater adsorption capacity than equivalent volumes of loose granular activated carbon.
Activated carbon block filters typically have a 0.5 to 10 micron filtration capability, making it also helpful for particulate filtration, removing taste and odor from chlorine, insoluble lead reduction, and demonstrating, in some cases, removal of Giardia and Cryptosporidium.